Baccarat is an exciting casino classic that’s enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of casino players worldwide. The huge appeal of Baccarat among casino players can be attributed to its simplistic nature and easy-to-understand rules.
Over the years, the casino gaming world has seen the introduction of several Baccarat versions. And Mini Baccarat is one of them. In this guide, we will discuss the basics and working of Mini Baccarat. Also, we explain to you how to access and play the game online. Continue reading!
Basics of Mini Baccarat
As the name implies, Mini Baccarat is a simplified version of standard Baccarat. The game involves the usage of a smaller Baccarat table and is played using eight (8) deck of cards. When playing Mini Baccarat at a land-based table, up to seven players are allowed to played at one time. Also, the card decks are shuffled by the croupier and placed in a box referred to as the shoe.
Card values in Mini Baccarat
The card values for Mini Baccarat are the same as the standard Baccarat variation from Baccarat history. For the unversed, the cards in Baccarat carry the following values:
- All numbered cards from 2 to 9 carry the value that’s printed on them
- Ace cards in Mini Baccarat carry a single point
- In Mini Baccarat, all 10s and other face cards carry zero points.
Just like the other Baccarat games available at our UK online casino, the total hand value can’t go over 9 in Mini Baccarat. If the point total is ten or above, then ten is subtracted from the total hand value. That way, a hand of 8 and 3 would be counted as one when playing Mini Baccarat.
The Play of Mini Baccarat Explained
The gameplay action in Mini Baccarat starts with the dealer taking out cards from the shoe. Two cards, which are deemed as “the player’s hand”, are shifted toward the player side. Similarly, two cards are dealt on the dealer’s side. After this, the dealer announces the point count for the player’s hand and the banker’s hand.
At this point, no additional cards are drawn if the point count is a natural (eight or nine). If neither the dealer’s hand nor the player’s hand has a natural, an extra face-up card is drawn. Here, the hand whose point value is closest to nine wins. If both the player’s and the banker’s point total is the same, the result is a tie.
Wagering Options in Mini Baccarat
As with EZ Baccarat and other popular Baccarat variations, there are three wagering options to choose from in Mini Baccarat. Players have the option to bet on the Player’s hand or the Banker’s hand. Then there’s the option to bet that the outcome will be a tie.
In Mini Baccarat, a bet on the banker’s hand wins if its point total is higher than that of the player’s hand. In the similar manner, the player’s hand wins if its total value is higher than that of the dealer’s hand. The result of the gameplay round is a tie if the point values are equal.
Getting a Player or Banker hand right pays even money in Mini Baccarat. But a 5% commission is charged on all winning bank hands. As for the tie bets, their potential payout is 8:1.
Important Mini Baccarat Rules listed
Below we’ve detailed some important Mini Baccarat rules you need to know about:
- Given the Banker doesn’t have a natural 8 or 9, Player draws every time on 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The Player must stop on 6, 7, 8, 9.
- When Player has a natural 8 or 9, the gameplay round ends.
- Banker draws every time on 0, 1 and 2, given that the Player doesn’t has a natural 8 or 9. The Banker must stop on 7, 8, 9.
- No partnership can go over the table maximum in Mini Baccarat.
Some Mini Baccarat Tips for You
Here are some top tips that can help you in making the most of your Mini Baccarat gameplay:
- Keep in Mini Baccarat is a chance-based game at the end of the day.
- Have a proper money management strategy and stick to it.
- Never risk money you can’t afford losing.
- Be sure to check the specific gameplay rules and Baccarat features before you start playing.
- You may want to go with popular Baccarat strategies like Martingale or Fibonacci.